Submission Preparation ChecklistAs part of the submission process, authors are required to check off their submission's compliance with all of the following items, and submissions may be returned to authors that do not adhere to these guidelines.
- The submission has not been previously published, nor is it before another journal for consideration.
- Contributors permit Mashriq & Mahjar to publish accepted submissions. Published material will appear on the Mashriq & Mahjar website as well as anywhere the journal is indexed.
- The submission file is in Microsoft Word file format.
- The first page of the submission includes the author's full name, institutional affiliation and position (if any), telephone number, and current email address.
- When submitting an article, the first page includes an abstract of no more than 200 words that is clearly separate from the article text. In addition, the first page should include tags for your article of 4–6 words that best describe your article.
- The text uses a 12-point font; employs italics, rather than underlining (except with URL addresses); and all illustrations, figures, and tables are placed within the text at the appropriate points, rather than at the end.
- Where available, URLs for the references have been provided.
- The text adheres to the stylistic and bibliographic requirements outlined in the Author Guidelines.
Copyright and permissions: Contributors are responsible for obtaining permission to reproduce any material, including images, in which they do not hold the copyright and for ensuring that the appropriate acknowledgments are included in the typescript. In obtaining permissions, authors must seek permission to reproduce material not within the author’s copyright for dissemination worldwide in all forms and media, including electronic publication. The relevant authorization should be attached to the author’s copyright forms on their return.
- If submitting to a peer-reviewed section of the journal, the instructions in Ensuring a Blind Review have been followed.
- An anonymous copy of the submission is also available upon request, avoiding any reference to the author in the main body, headers and footers, and endnotes (selected citations of the author’s previous published work may be included only if the absence of such citations would seem conspicuous).
If you are interested in submitting a proposal for a special issue or special section within an issue, please submit a written proposal outlining the proposed topic, its significance, and relevance to Mashriq & Mahjar's scope.
Authors who publish with this journal agree to the following terms:
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License, which allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgement of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work (See The Effect of Open Access).
The content of this journal is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.